By Ajay Kapur, Perry R. Cook, Ge Wang
Programming for Musicians and electronic Artists: growing tune with ChucK bargains an entire advent to programming within the open resource song language ChucK. In it, you will examine the fundamentals of electronic sound production and manipulation when you realize the ChucK language. As you progress example-by-example via this easy-to-follow booklet, you are going to create significant and profitable electronic compositions and "instruments" that make sound and tune in direct reaction to application common sense, rankings, gestures, and different structures attached through MIDI or the network.
Purchase of the print booklet encompasses a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About this Book
A electronic musician needs to control sound accurately. ChucK is an audio-centric programming language that offers distinct keep watch over through the years, audio computation, and person interface components like tune pads and joysticks. since it makes use of the vocabulary of sound, ChucK is straightforward to profit even for artists with very little publicity to machine programming.
Programming for Musicians and electronic Artists deals an entire advent to song programming. In it, you are going to study the fundamentals of electronic sound manipulation when you learn how to application utilizing ChucK. Example-by-example, you will create significant electronic compositions and "instruments" that reply to software good judgment, rankings, gestures, and different platforms hooked up through MIDI or the community. you will additionally adventure how ChucK allows the on-the-fly musical improvisation practiced via groups of "live song coders" round the world.
Written for readers accustomed to the vocabulary of sound and tune. No event with computing device programming is required.
- Learn ChucK and electronic tune construction side-by-side
- Invent new sounds, tools, and modes of performance
- Written by means of the creators of the ChucK language
About the Authors
Perry Cook, Ajay Kapur, Spencer Salazar, and Ge Wang are pioneers within the region of training and programming electronic song. Ge is the author and leader architect of the ChucK language.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: ChucK programming for artists
PART 1 advent TO PROGRAMMING IN CHUCK
- Basics: sound, waves, and ChucK programming
- Libraries: ChucK's integrated tools
- Arrays: arranging and getting access to your compositional data
- Sound records and sound manipulation
- Functions: making your individual tools
- Unit turbines: ChucK items for sound synthesis and processing
- Synthesis ToolKit instruments
- Multithreading and concurrency: operating many courses at once
- Objects and periods: making your personal ChucK energy tools
- Events: signaling among shreds and syncing to the skin world
- Integrating with different structures through MIDI, OSC, serial, and more